Saturday, February 14, 2004

65k.

It's been an uphill slog on "Confessions", not through a lack of inspiration but due to the scarcity of writing time (albeit for good reasons, such this past week's documentary shoot!), but I continue to plug away when possible. The current chapter finally has a definite form to it, and as I work at it I'm becoming more and more aware of the end of the novel, something that not too long ago I was only dreaming about. I wouldn't dare hazard a guess at the date when I'll be done with the first draft, but for the first time it's definitely a question of when and no longer if.

Meanwhile, the advent of Spring Training is inspiring me to do the final edit of "Bambino" and see if I can't find someone to publish it. What better way to exorcise the ghost of Babe Ruth than a short story about exorcizing the ghost of Babe Ruth?

No comments: