Sunday, February 29, 2004

Worst lunch ever:

ramen noodles in a cup and a microwavable "chicken fajita" from the library's vending machines. Since I wanted to hit the stacks to run down a couple of fresh Sophocles citations on my break, I opted for a meal on the quick. Big mistake. The Cup of Soup wasn't so bad - ramen is ramen, after all - but the faux-ita I really could have done without, and required a remedial Hershey Bar with Almonds to take my mind (and stomach) off the fact that I had eaten a meat product of dubious quality out of a infrequently-maintained automat.

I did find what I think may be a previously-discovered reminiscence about Old Sophie, however, in the Harvard Graduates Magazine of December 1901; I'll have to check with the "team" on that come Tuesday! That and I picked up the late Meyer Reinhold's excellent Classica Americana, which again does not deal directly with E. A. but offers up a good selection of secondary literature to pick through for more information. But did locating either of these materials justify consuming a lunch that was 100% upchuck-worthy? Only time will tell!

No comments: