Saturday, March 20, 2004

Change of pace -

I'll be taking the day off tomorrow in order to reprise my role as a scribe, albeit in a different documentary. The beauty of writing in Ancient Greek for the cameras is that I can appear in practically any historical setting over a period of almost three thousand years, from the rebirth of writing during the time of Homer to the end of the Byzantine Empire. Even from the Iliad to the New Testament is a cool millennium, yet it's often difficult to tell a Greek manuscript from the B.C.'s apart from the A.D.'s., as the handwriting styles remain remarkably consistent over time.

As next week Harvard goes into its Spring Break hours, I won't have to work another Sunday for quite some time - until after Greek Easter, which actually falls on the same Sunday as Western Easter this year (the 11th, I think). Not only that, but I completely forgot that I won't be around next Saturday as well, since me, the wife, and the baby are going to a conference for parents and children with metabolic disorders. It'll be our first chance to meet some fellow PKU families in the area, listen to news about the state of Phenylketonuria research, and sample some of the latest in low-protein cuisine from the various mail-order companies.

So the weekend blogging might not quite come at the torrent that it has been, I'm sorry to report, though I'll try to make up the difference during the weeks!

No comments: