Sunday, March 07, 2004

Too many blogs?

Blogger can be an extremely addicting thing. Whereas once I began with the Jersey Exile, I now am master of four public blogs - The Jersey Exile, Full Metal Hoplite, Clem's Corner, and now The Library Ass, I'm also fiddling around with another five for private consumption (four of those are gaming blogs and the fifth is a place where my old friends can gather when the usual website conks out, which it does often). I think I may have hit my limit for categorization, however. Even now I almost always post everything to The Jersey Exile, then cross-post it if it seems topical, but I wonder if this is the best solution to the problem. Perhaps a blog with sortable posts like those powered by Movable Type might be better, although Blogger has the advantage of free hosting at blogspot, and moreover separate blogs can have their own lives, personalities, and quirks.

Maybe I'll just try things out for a while - keep on cross-posting where appropriate and see what happens! After all, the idea of having "themed" blogs is to avoid mixing business with pleasure, personal views with professional opinion. As I get a little further along in both my Greek and library studies, I can see the advantages of keeping things separate; but at the same time, will I ever have a post in any of the theme blogs that wasn't already posted on the main one? Hmm.

No comments: