Sunday, August 15, 2004

Writing update

It's official - I got my third rejection in the mail yesterday, this time for "First". Like the one for "Bambino," it was personalized and even complimented me again on my writing, but I guess the story itself was just lacking oomph in some way, shape, or form.

Oomph is hard.

Well, I'll keep plugging away. A thought that I had this time around was that maybe the stories are running a little too long to keep a casual reader's interest. Therefore I'm going to commit myself to staying under 5000 words for the next story. I know, I know - if you've been following this blog, you'll know too that I have stated this as my goal for every single short story I've started since "First". But this time I mean it, folks. Once I hit 5k, I'm wrapping it up, pure and simple.

Hopefully I'll be wrap some oomph in there as well...

No comments: