Saturday, September 25, 2004

And we fired Grady Little for what, again?

Remember how when our last manager got canned for losing Game Seven, the owners held up Terry Francona before Red Sox Nation as a shining example of someone who wouldn't keep our diva ace Pedro Martinez on the mound for one pitch longer than he should be there? In fact, I seem to remember that being Tito's only selling point over a manager with a winning record who had brought up closer to the World Series than anyone else at the helm since 1986. Francona wouldn't have left Pedro in, or so the refrain went.

Whoops. In last night's nail-biter between the Sox and Yankees, Terry Francona proceeded to demonstrate that it's a lot harder to walk the walk than it is to talk the talk as he, too, allowed Pedro to pitch for one inning longer than he should have and thus for all intents and purposes gave up Boston's last chance at wresting the AL East Divisional title away from New York.

Can't wait to see how the Boston Dirt Dogs react to this one...

UPDATE: Here it is!



"I just tip my hat and call the Yankees my daddy. I can't find a way to beat them at this point. You just have to give them credit and say, 'Hey, you guys beat me, not my team.' I wish they would [expletive] disappear and never come back. "-- Former Ace Pedro "Sonny" Martinez

No comments: