Friday, January 07, 2005

Impulse buy

Now I'm not normally the kind of person who goes out throwing cash around on payday, being that I have a two-year-old in training (I can't believe she's almost 21 months old now!) with an insatiable demand for books and all things Wiggles and Elmo, but when you're browsing the new arrivals at The Million Year Picnic - a.k.a. the greatest comic book store in the universe - you find it extraordinary difficult to leave empty-handed. Especially when Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men #1-6 are now available bound together for the first time. I'd heard great things about the Whedonesque revamping of the classic X-Men formula, but the first few releases got away from me and I never had a chance to catch up. I caught a glimpse of some of #7 on the shelf, and the dialogue from just a page taken at random told me I had to plunk down the fifteen bucks for the previous six. It's like reading Wolverine The Vampire-Slayer!

No comments: