Saturday, April 02, 2005

97k

March was a very good month for me, output-wise, as I wrote over 10,000 words. "Confessions" is now in its 15th chapter and closing in on the big 100k mark, after which I'm anticipating there will be no letting up, now that I've rediscovered my creative head of steam. No new short stories until the first draft is done, and that's that!

I suspect that the new digs will even increase my monthly word counts, as I'm spending more and more time on the train to and from Gloucester. There's a train on Saturday mornings that gets me to Harvard just in time for my shift, so I think I'm going to leave the car at home and enjoy the ride in. The first ten miles or so are absolutely gorgeous, as the commuter rail track follows the coast of Cape Anne and breaks out every here and there with spectacular vistas of the rocky coast. Lovely.

On a sad note, we buried my grandfather Mario this week down in New Jersey. He was 93. Would that we all live to such an age, and an active 93 years at that, but nevertheless he will be missed. It's not every day you say goodbye to the family patriarch...

No comments: