Sunday, October 16, 2005

More South Beach goodness

I've finally seen some progress on Phase Two of the South Beach diet -- after two weeks, I've lost another five pounds, bringing my overall total to 35. I was pleased to see signs that the second phase of the diet is as foolproof as the first. In his book, Dr. Agatston mentions that the dramatic weight loss of Phase One drops off to something more incremental like a pound or two a week, so I'll happily settle for an average of 2.5. I've added a slice of whole grain bread to my breakfast and some fruit here and there as a snack or to round out a meal. Simple carbs are still verboten, but at this point I really don't miss them at all. Okay, maybe I crave a slice of pizza or a foamy pint of Guinness every now and then, but now that I know that this diet is really going to work as a long-term weight management solution, I'm willing to wait until Phase Three to allow myself the occasional "bad food" indulgence.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great! I look forward to some results. Right now I'm just dying of zero energy and am feverishly avoiding all candy in my office. It's tough today.

Tom said...

I promise that it gets better! Hang in there...

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I have a girl friend who had subjected herself to the South Beach diet and she sticks to it religiously even if we're around. However, she did not look the least bit lighter/thinner. How could that be?