Tuesday, December 13, 2005

145k

Another good morning of writing on the train. I've also taken to reading instead of writing when I switch from the commuter rail to the subway so that I don't have to agonize over whether I should be writing or reading with my precious captive "free" time. Right now I'm reading River Horse by William Least Heat Moon, which chronicles the author's attempt to cross the Continental United States by water, starting from the Hudson River and ending up in Oregon. I picked it up at the Sawyer Free Library in Gloucester on Sunday, when we go as a family to pick up a new batch of books for the little one. Now that I'm unencumbered by class readings I suspect that I will be exploring my local public library's holdings a little more than I have thus far to date, especially since as part of the NOBLE consortium I can have any book from any of the member libraries sent to the Circulation Desk at Sawyer. That's something that even Harvard doesn't do!

No comments: