Monday, December 12, 2005

Master of the Reading Room

After almost two months on the job as supervisor here in the reading room I finally feel like I'm settling in. What's more, the Powers That Be have decided to approve my request for funding to attend the ALA Midwinter Meeting in San Antonio this upcoming January! Not too shabby for a guy just about to get his library science degree. Thursday is my last day of classes, after which I've decided to take a little break from school until next fall, when I'll resume my graduate work in history towards the other half of my dual Masters.

In the meantime I intend to concentrate on my teaching at The Greek Institute (which has suffered this semester as my free time went to zero) and maybe work on a scholarly article or two. The Rare Books School at the University of Virginia is offering a 5-day intensive course on bookbinding, which might prove useful for this job seeing that we deal with a bewildering variety of binding types both historical and international, so maybe I'll see if I can get that paid for as well!

No comments: