Monday, December 12, 2005

Three words

Clothes that fit.

After having lost sixty pounds on the South Beach Diet, I thought it might be time to buy some new pants. Imagine my delight to find that I'd dropped from a 44 waist all the way down to a 38 -- and a comfortable 38 at that! It was such a pain in the ass trying to find 44 x 29 pants, so I'd end up having to settle for whatever I could find as far as the length was concerned, whereas this weekend's shopping expedition was downright pleasureable...

I can't believe I'm more than halfway to my goal of 100 pounds. I was happy when I'd shed that first twenty, and will be absolutely thrilled when I drop beneath 200 pounds for the first time in years. But now it actually appears that not only will I be able to get back to my original weight, but that I shouldn't have any difficulties maintaining it once I do so. And when the Spring and Summer finally come around again, my wife and I will be adding exercise to the mix as well!

No comments: