Monday, November 27, 2006

Convenient, or annoying?

Or how about conveniently annoying -- Salon's splash page now forces you to watch the Site Pass ad, even if all you want to do is browse the headlines for the day and see if sitting through the Flash ad is worth the nuisance. I guess since the answer to that question is "no" more and more often these days, they felt they had no choice but to herd us through the advertisement whether we liked it or not. Yet another reason not to frequent what used to be my favorite place on the Internet back in the day, although my prurient nature makes it nigh-impossible for me not to peek at what sordid letter Cary Tennis has chosen to feature on his daily advice column (today's offering: "My husband wants to take nude photos of his mom").

Damn you, Cary!

No comments: