Wednesday, November 01, 2006

NaNoWriMo is a go

So I took the plunge this morning, putting Number Two on ice for the month of November while I attempted to write an entirely new novel from scratch for National Novel Writing Month, which began at midnight. This book, The Librarian's Tale, will continue to explore the fantasy world I introduced in my first novel, but from a radically different perspective.

The goal of NaNoWriMo is to finish a 50,000-word novel in just one month. Well, I'm up to 660 words, and hope to get past the 2% mark by the time I get home this evening. I know I don't have a prayer of getting to 50k if I don't try to sneak some writing in from home at night and on the weekends as well, but that would be a nice habit to get into anyway (just in case I end up with a job someday that doesn't necessitate an hour-long commute by train every day!).

Wish me luck.

No comments: