Thursday, November 02, 2006

NaNoWriMo update

As of this morning's commute I've reached just over 2500 words on The Library's Tale, and hope to get myself up and over the 3k mark on the train ride home. The writing is coming fast and furious so far, which is a good sign considering that most of what I've been doing so far has been the tricky business of establishing mood and evoking the background of a fantasy world. I can't wait to spend more time on dialogue and action (which I'm hoping to have a lot of in this novel!)...

While I fully intend to keep everyone up-to-date on my progress this November here at The Jersey Exile, you may by all means check up on me on the NaNoWriMo website as well: my username there is oodja. Be patient, though -- I guess NaNoWriMo's snowballing popularity has lead to their servers being a little overloaded this time around.

No comments: