Monday, December 11, 2006

Renovation blues

Awful news: the Toscanini's across the street will be closing in a week, so that the landlord (who just happens to be my employer) can renovate the building in which the cafe is located. I have grown so accustomed to relying on Tosci's for my mid-afternoon jolt of caffeine that I'm afraid that I will find myself at a loss for the forseeable future, although I do hear that the new cafe in the Lamont Library serves a halfway decent cup of joe.

At any rate, the sign announcing Toscanini's impending closing also mentioned their desire to reopen in the same building following the renovation six months from now, so hopefully I won't go without my beloved Dancing Goats forever...

3 comments:

Matthew Reidsma said...

The Sherman Cafe in Union Square has Dancing Goats. They sell the beans, too. (I live right up the street.)

Tom said...

Cool -- that's just down the street from where my brother-in-law lives nowadays. I'll definitely make a point to swing by next time we visit him.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Lamont Cafe is a big let-down. You would actually be better off going to Starbucks or even Dunkin' than here.