Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Vacation, all I ever wanted

Rather than fritter away the four floating holidays I earned by working between Christmas and New Year's, I've decided to take them at once for a change and make a proper vacation of it. Intercession is right around the corner, which means it's a snap to arrange coverage for the desk, and after a Fall of nonstop travel I'm looking forward to several days of sitting on my ass and doing nothing.

Well, not quite nothing -- I'm hoping to turn my four-day minivacation into an editorial marathon session, during which I hope either to finish the second draft of "Confessions" or get enough of it done that I'll be inspired to work my way through to the end in time for my self-imposed February 28th deadline. Hopefully I'll be able to work some nice walks downtown in as well, weather permitting of course.

So now all I have to do is make it through another week of work, give or take. Wish me luck!

No comments: