Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Back to business

At long last I've finally gotten back into an editing rhythm for Confessions, after having been sidetracked by NaNoWriMo, whipping a short story into shape for publication, and most importantly of all helping Mrs. Exile transition into her new job with the least amount of pain and suffering humanly possible. Right now I've gotten myself to a point where I can do about a chapter per editing session, so I think I just might beat my self-imposed deadline for finishing the second draft of the manuscript by the end of this month.

Oh, and by the way -- Issue Four of InkCollective is now out, and features the above-mentioned short story ("Tomorrow Is Another Day") by yours truly. You can either download the PDF for free or pay eight bucks for the paper copy from Lulu.com. I hope you enjoy it!

(Special thanks to editor Matthew Reidsma, who inspired me to take a fresh look at my older writing and not be afraid to make the tough cuts when necessary. Unfortunately Matt is putting InkCollective on permanent hiatus after this issue, but don't let that keep you from enjoying what has clearly been a labor of love for everyone involved in the production of this wonderful publication.)

No comments: