Sunday, January 08, 2012

Make It Happen 2012: Day 6 and 7

Okay, so nothing really happened on Day 6. But given the week I'd had up to that point, perhaps a down day was inevitable. Four-day workweeks are always a struggle, but four-day workweeks following a week and half of vacation? It's almost a miracle in and of itself that any of us got to 5pm this Friday.

Day 7 was all about making new habits. Although my wife, daughter, and I were all in dire need of a down day, we made sure we got out and exercised nevertheless while the beautiful weather held, taking a walk and clambering all over the rocks of Stage Fort Park. I also decided to cook a vegetarian dinner, making some gazpacho and grilling some eggplant. Although I don't think my wife and I will ever be able to give up eating meat and seafood entirely, it's nice to prepare a meal that Andriana can share with us from start to finish- she even helped make the gazpacho! For the evening's entertainment we turned off the T.V. and played Ticket to Ride, which turned out to be a lot more fun than reruns on Nickelodeon.

No comments: