Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Message in a bottle.

Sending out an S.O.S.
Sending out an S.O.S.
Sending out an S.O.S.


Well, it finally happened - my laptop has suffered a total nervous breakdown. Now while it luxuriates in some fantabulous sunny location (California perhaps, or maybe Bangalore) for the next two weeks as overworked and underpaid techs determine why my computer's preferred method of expression has become the Blue Screen of Death, I'm stuck staring at my broadband plug in the corner of the living room, wondering if I can somehow stick it into another appliance in order to get myself back online. Maybe my parents put an ethernet jack in the back of my skull and didn't tell me? Until I can answer that question definitively, the home office will be out of service for the time being, and I'll have to rely on my local Kinko's like I am now to keep that precious data flowing, for only $.20 per minute.

Mmmmmm. Data.

No comments: