Saturday, January 03, 2004

Full brain,

desperately in need of emptying. I wish I could have dragged myself out of bed early enough today and yesterday morning in order to ride the commuter rail into town instead of driving, because my skull is just about to burst open. Ah, well. My regular rotation of classes begins again at The Greek Institute next week, so I'll have plenty of commuting time to fill with writing soon enough, especially if I start teaching on Thursday evenings again as well. And if I'm motivated enough perhaps I can eke a few hours out to write tomorrow or Monday, since clearly I'm not going to be getting the aforementioned Xbox anytime soon and I won't be surfing the web with the laptop going to the shop. However, if there's one thing that the past two days of non-stop blogging has demonstrated to me, it's that I have more words up in my head than I right now have time to wrangle them and get them out into a fixed medium of some sort. On days like this one, where I've been writing for almost seven hours (albeit mostly about crap), I feel a certain exhilaration, as if I'm actually keeping up with my thoughts as they strike me. I can't imagine what I would be able to do with seven hours a day, every day, devoted to all of the projects that are queued up in my brain. But of course that's the goal - to become a full-time writer. In the meantime I will keep plugging, and blog while I'm on the company's dime. Someday it'll all be my dime that I'm writing on, I hope, or better yet my publisher's dime!

No comments: