Sunday, February 15, 2004

Ich bin ein Retard.

So I've been searching high and low for papyrus here in Harvard Square. Ever since my stint as a scribe this past Monday and Tuesday a certain kind of mania has taken possession me to learn everything I can about the Ancient Greek calligraphy and the art of writing on papyrus, which I guess I found a little more addictive an experience than I had originally imagined. As it turns out, the first place I'd checked - Bob Slate Stationery, right across the street from Widener Library - did in fact have papyrus, although fool that I was I didn't ask anyone when I went poking around during the week so I didn't find out where they keep it stashed. Well this time I asked, and not only did I clean the store out of their stock but I also got some good advice on what kind of dip pens to use in lieu of a stylus (note to anyone shopping for pen and/or paper in the Harvard Square area: go to Bob Slate. Not only do they have just about everything you could possibly imagine, but the staff their is extremely friendly and knowledgeable). Happy as a clam, I waltz out the door with my papyrus and stylus just as the store closes, only to realize that in my haste I had forgotten to purchase ink! How stupid can I be?

Well, at least India ink is fairly easy to track down. Unlike papyrus - unless, of course, you ask.

No comments: