Sunday, February 15, 2004

Sorry

about the neglect today, but I assure you it's for a good cause. I am applying for a Bryant Fellowship here in the Harvard Library system in order to round up some funding to put together a biography of E. A. Sophocles, 19th Century scholar of Greek and my patron saint. Every year Harvard gives out a few thousand dollars in grant money to support library and bibliographic research undertaken independently by its employees, and although year after year I've promised myself I'd apply, it's only this year that I'm finally doing it - part of that New Year's resolution not to sit on my hands where my scholarly projects are concerned, I guess. I've finished with a synposis of my project and an itemized budget (which includes a trip to Sophocles' home village in Thessaly!), so now all I need to do is get my letters of recommendation and I'm ready to go. Wish me luck...

No comments: