Wednesday, March 17, 2004

p.s.,

I just got the word that I'm going to be in that other documentary by Providence Pictures - "The Trial of Jesus" - as well, again playing the part of a Greek scribe. Actually I'll be more than just a scribe in this one: when the camera films me copying out portions of the New Testament, I will be portraying the author of whichever Gospel I am writing at the time, be it Mark, Matthew, or Luke (John, citing artistic differences, will not be appearing in this production). As a result, I think it'll just be my arm in the various scribe scenes, perhaps garbed slightly differently from scene to scene and holding different writing implements - a reed stylus for one of the Evangelists, a metal one for another. So I wonder how I'll appear in the credits. "Arm of Mark/Matthew/Luke - Tom Bruno"? That would be kind of neat! The shoot is on Sunday, so expect a report on whether Jesus will be sporting a mullet, a la Agamemnon, or not shortly thereafter.

No comments: