Sunday, July 25, 2004

Happy anniversary

Today my wife Maria and I have been married for five years.  So how have we chosen to celebrate this happy occasion?  Why, she's going off to Poughkeepsie with the baby for a week's vacation, leaving me here in Boston to weather the DNC madness all by my little old lonesome!  To be fair, we were supposed to be hightailing it out of town together down to the Jersey Shore as soon as I finished my shift here at the Circ Desk, but seeing as I am still two assignments short of being done with Summer School, we chose to put off New Jersey 'til next month so I could finish my work without resorting to any all-nighters or the unsavory prospect of bringing my homework with me on vacation.  So I get peace and quiet and oceans of time, and the in-laws get an uninterrupted week with their daughter and granddaughter.  It's almost a win-win situation, except for the fact that I'm going to miss them both like a lobster in a supermarket tank misses the ocean (hell, it's only been about three hours and I already miss them!).  Come back soon, you two. 

No comments: