Sunday, November 14, 2004

Weekend blues

There are other things bringing me down, however. I'm approaching my sixth year of official service here at Harvard, and although coming to Cambridge to work at Widener was definitely the right thing to do at the right time, and even though I know that my current job has certain benefits - chief among them my ability to get schoolwork done on company time and the opportunity to take advantage of a nontraditional schedule to spend one-on-one time with my daughter - a year and change of having no real days off to speak of is taking its toll. I don't know why I thought it would get easier with time, but it's not; frankly, the prospect of another year of this is enough to send me screaming naked through Harvard Yard.

Okay, it's not that bad - nothing's that bad. But I'm glad this is just a temporary state of affairs. It is, isn't it?

No comments: