Monday, November 14, 2005

136k

Another morning of writing on the train. I can't wait until the semester is over and I don't have to decide between classwork and my creative output! But today I was fortunate not to have any pressing deadlines for school so I allowed myself to get a feel for the new chapter of "Confessions". As much as I'd like to bring the novel home before the end of 2005, I know that the writing always goes best when I allow it room for the narrative to find its own way. And true to form, after a couple of sessions when I started to wonder whether I'd wandered completely off course the architecture of the chapter becomes vaguely discernable and I stop panicking and begin to enjoy filling out the story again. The Zen method of writing takes patience and faith, but it definitely has its rewards!

No comments: