Wednesday, November 09, 2005

South Beach Update

I can wear my wedding ring again! After almost two months of South Beach not only have I lost more than forty-five pounds, but for the first time since I don't know when I was able to slip my wedding band on my finger without jamming the thing on. How cool is that? The only problem now is figuring out when to buy new pants and shirts. If I move too early, they won't fit in a month or two either, but the longer I wait the more and more I look like a circus clown. There's only so much cinching you can do with pants that are three full sizes too big for you...

2 comments:

Hagfish said...

JOY to you! Buy intermediate articles. You'll feel better if you feel well(ish) dressed. Take it from one who knows.

Tish Grier said...

what super news! I would say to buy a few things that fit well--just in case you really need to look your best, but also when you want to look at yourself in the mirror and get a good picture of how much you've lost. Sometimes wearing too large clothes for too long makes me gain the weight back--no good. When you hit your target, you can get the *entire* new wardrobe, but a few new things will be a bit of encouragement.