Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Convergence

So yesterday I got my final grade for my last library science course, making me officially a jack of all trades and Master of one! It's so weird to think that after so many years of flirting with the idea of getting the degree I now have the MLS, and that my days as a library assistant (even a well-paid semiprofessional one as I am now) are truly numbered. While I like my current position well enough, it would be silly to stay beyond a certain point now that I have the credentials to apply for professional librarian jobs, though depending on a host of other variables I may hang out here long enough to finish my Masters in History.

To think of what has changed so radically in such a short period of time -- the new job, getting the MLS, and within a few thousand words of finishing the first draft of what I hope will be the first of many novels (and let's not forget my losing sixty-plus pounds in the space of three months)! The crazy thing is that each of these changes only promises even more radical transformations just around the corner. So while I don't even pretend to know what 2006 will bring, at the very least I'm guaranteed one hell of an exhilarating ride...

No comments: