Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Diceman cometh

Just a few minutes and Daisuke Matsuzaka will make his major league debut. Just because I'm in and all-day training session doesn't mean I won't be keeping an eye on the webcast...

I actually got to see Dice-K pitch on my Mancation when they faced off against the Los Angeles Dodgers in Vero Beach. Granted, the game was called after three innings due to a torrential downpour, so I didn't get to witness too much of the Japanese hurler's mysterious "gyroball". While the experts seem to agree that it's really just a kind of breaking ball, I keep on imagining it to be like some awesome superpower that sets the baseball on fire and explodes batters into piles of bouncing golden coins.

Hmm. One inning down and no exploding batters. Yet.

UPDATE: First strikeout in the second inning - I think I saw some flames come out of my computer screen...

DAISUKE!

UPDATE #2: 10 strikeouts, baby. Not bad for your first outing in U.S. of A.!

No comments: