Sunday, August 12, 2007

Stalking the wild El Guapo

Okay, so I had an ulterior motive for dragging my wife, my brother, and his bride of just two months with me to the Atlantic City Surf game on Friday night. For you see, I had learned that the Nashua Pride would be in town this weekend, and that if the visiting team could maintain a lead towards the end of the game I might just get to see former Boston Red Sox pitcher Rich Garces (a.k.a. "El Guapo") close it out. Alas, it was not meant to be - although Nashua had broken ahead with two runs in the top of the eighth to take the lead 6-4, the Surf responded in the bottom half of the inning with five runs of their own, effectively eliminating any chance I had of seeing one of my favorite Sox players take the mound.

Not to be deterred, however, I got as far as I could to the Nashua bullpen and yelled out to El Guapo, who was kind enough to acknowledge the well-wishings of a clearly deranged fan:

 

We miss you, El Guapo. Come back to Boston soon!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: